Friday, October 25, 2013

Just a normal day.

Friday mornings are a little different around here. Monday-Thursday Aaneqa Heather and Rhys get on the bus at about 7:10 so I have to get them up at 6:30. On Fridays, Rhys doesn't have school, so I have to take the girls. I get them up after 7 am.

Last night, we had trick or treating. (YES it was a week early, I have no control over how our town runs Trick or Treating and we had a lot of fun!) The kids were very amped up about the fun they had last night. I was able to get them to bed pretty close to regular bed time so I was pretty proud of me.

This morning, pretty close to 7 am, I hear footsteps and then Heather comes in to close my door. I was trying to settle the baby down to go back to sleep but I knew that the temptation of candy was going to be too great for them. I jumped up, put the candy in a protected space and went back to the baby.

Naturally, the kids came in to wake the baby up since I wasn't letting them get candy. I decided to let them mess around while I read my morning Bible Study on my phone. Suddenly, I was smelling some odd odor. The room was still dark so I was pretty confused as to what the smell could be.

I finally discovered the Baby had gotten a bottle of cough medicine and poured it all over the floor and was trying to drink the dregs from the bottom of the bottle. AACCKK!!! (I had woken up coughing at 2 am and must not have put the lid back on well enough, at 2 am, I am not coherent enough to make good decisions it seems)

I had Heather turn on the light and I cleaned off the baby and the floor. This did NOT put me in a good mood.

I tried very hard to reign in my frustration but the baby spilled a mess of cereal on the floor and I stepped in the pee on the floor from last night when Rhys took off his costume but couldn't hold it any longer. I had forgotten about it last night and went to bed without cleaning it up.

I got a late start getting everyone ready and barely made it out the door in time to get the kids to school. I think they may have actually been a minute or two late. :(

On the way to school, I was constantly running the windshield wiper cleaner fluid because I neglected to get outside in time to start the car so it wasn't defrosted and the frost kept overtaking the windows.

When I was leaving the school, I realized, I never did manage to brush the girls' hair. Heather is fine because her hair somehow naturally falls into a nice arrangement most of the time. Aaneqa on the other hand has a loose ponytail with lots of little wisps of crazy hair floating around the top of her head. I feel so bad for her! :( She is already sensitive to people criticizing her without me "helping" her along.

I always feel so overwhelmed on mornings like this. They happen way to often.

Had I but put out clothes for today last night, and put the girls costumes in their backpacks last night for the parties today I would have had at least that much of my morning in order rather than being horribly frustrated by every little thing.

Since then, I have actually done more housework than I usually manage in a week. Unlike my usual modus operandi, I actually went after the cough medicine with some soapy water. I hope I managed to clean it well enough for Don to shampoo it up. (I really do not know how to use the shampooer) I then proceeded to go after a couple of other spots in the living room I have not bothered with for quite some time. I EVEN shock gasp remembered to go after that pee spot FINALLY.

I have seen a meme of a woman that says something similar to, I keep expecting the adults to show up! I have come to the conclusion I live my life as if the adults are about to show up at any moment and take care of all the things I keep falling behind on. It is a rough reality to realize that "I" am in fact THE adult. It is apparent I have rarely employed that aspect of my personality.

A morning in the life of me. Wracked with frustration and irritation.

No comments:

Post a Comment