Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Oh me of little faith.

 
You know as Moms. Well. Ok. "I" As a mom feel like I take superior care of my children. I micromanage their little lives and what they can and cannot do down to a "T". I have this house locked down pretty tight and even though my kids still get away with things it's usually hard for them to accomplish when MOM is on call. 
 Daddy on the other hand. Well. He's a little more lackadaisical. I don't always feel comfortable leaving the babies with Daddy because he's not ON TOP OF IT. Not to the obsessive level I am. AS A MOM. You know. Right?? 
Last Thursday, I fell UP the back stairs with the baby in my arms, he hit his head on the CONCRETE stairs. He was and still is perfectly fine. But because of the height. (I am almost 6 foot tall) and the DENT in his skull, they gave him a CT scan. (score 1 against MOMMA.. for today)
The next day, I noticed that my eldest child was about to make a very expensive mistake. I chased after her and in the process of loudly expressing my concern at her choices, I opened the door onto my face, my nose/upper lip area where there is a pretty large nerve bundle. Yea. My kids got a slightly new vocabulary in that moment. The baby was crawling behind me and while I was screaming inappropriate words and other things, he was sticking his head through the cat door behind me screaming as well because he was afraid. (score 2 against Momma opps) 
My wonderful Mom came to visit me yesterday and when she brought me a crock pot of food I decided to move it into the kitchen, she opened the door and I dropped the pot on the floor. It shattered into a million pieces. I managed to NOT get quite all of them picked up and Aaneqa almost stepped on one later. (score 3 against Momma)
Was at the Dr for a follow up appt with Zane this morning. I described how we fell, I described how the next day I had hit myself in the face with a door. She said, Well, what was the third thing?? These things usually happen in 3s!

I then went on to describe how I had dropped my Mom's crock pot and it shattered into a million pieces yesterday. Mom and I both got a little hysterical at the calamities I am surrounded by. The Dr had covered her face at least twice to laugh and then apologize. (I really really love my dr she is the very best pediatrician ever! She has to practice for at least 17 more years.)

I left the dr feeling pretty good, my 3 things had happened and I should be set yea?

Zane was messing around trying to get into stuff on his Daddy's desk. I had been hearing a buzzing like a fly and had been ignoring it. All the sudden, he was wringing his hands and crying and I had NO idea what had happened. I had this idea that maybe the buzzing had been a bee and he had grabbed it. I picked him up and looked at his hands and he just cried and cried.
One of his hands had a sore looking finger but I was afraid that I wasn't seeing the injury because of my poor vision.   
I took him upstairs to Don and we examined his hands. Nothing.  He was laying back when I noticed the bump on his belly. On intuition I had Don check in his diaper. When Don uncovered that wasp, I THREW the baby at him. He caught him beautifully. I treated his wound and he is perfectly fine.

Don is a great Daddy. 
That is all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment