Friday, October 4, 2013

Simple Joy!

Some days it seems like the rainclouds of life are hovering over us and making life impossible to bear.






I know that at times I just want to curl up in a ball and give up the fight.

Simple joys can be easier to find than you imagine. 
Watching my children play in the rain has reminded me that pleasure can be completely free. It can be absolutely ridiculously easy to be filled with joy. 
Look at my children enjoying the freedom of playing in the storm! 




 Watching them play helped fill a part of me which had previously desired THINGS. I want to get them STUFF and things and go places.
They are having far more fun in our own back yard playing in a rain storm. Far more fun than when we go to a wonderful place filled with shops and toys that they cannot possibly possess. This simple joy fills me with an absolutely wonderful glee.

Things go south very quickly, 10 minutes later, the boy is whining and the girls are bickering, and yet, I have the memory of the fun playing in the rain to help me grab hold of an inner peace which is hard to grasp all to often.

Other simple joys we can enjoy at home when there isn't a handy rainstorm include things like

Making colorful cakes.


Rolling Gnocchi. (or just general cooking together)

Also in the absence of a rainstorm one can enjoy a beautiful sunrise or sunset every single day!!!


 And remember, after the storm, we are graced with the most wonderful promise of all.
Simple Joys. :) In the midst of a crazy life!



No comments:

Post a Comment