Thursday, July 4, 2013

I didn't care, Indeed.

My eldest is quite angry with me. I am ruining her day (a huge improvement, a week ago I would have been ruining her life) Here's the situation, In an effort to dry the fire ring, Don has a fire going outside. He is not out there with it and so I have banned the children from the backyard until there is no fire. (seems a fair choice to me, but apparently this makes me the meanest Mom EVER)

Blessings. Aaneqa says I am ruining her DAY, that is a far more fair assessment of the situation than to say I'm ruining her whole life. Yay for progress. I'm sure she'll swing back and forth on this, but I'll take what I can get.
Blessings, we have a cool fire pit that we can use to have fires for burning trash and for recreational purposes.
Blessing, My daughter complimented Daddy last night by telling him He is like ME. (I'm the "mean" one)
Blessings, When I told her to go to her room after she would NOT go on the front porch, she did it!

Annoyances, Meh, just the usual. I'm not able to get homework done because the kids are kind of crazy, but what's new? I have my usual feelings of inadequacy which are founded quite strongly in truth. It's just too much to get out in a public way. Not sure how I could even write those things in private. I want to tell my stories, but some things are awfully raw.

The title is because Aaneqa just told me I don't care. She's quite convinced that I do not care about her. She doesn't see that I care enough to teach her obedience the hard way and she doesn't have to like it or even to ever agree with it, but the fact is, even if it weren't unsafe for her to be outside right now, the fact that she became a whining, backtalking, bundle of goo at the idea of obeying me means she has got to learn to accept that I told her no, and that my word is rule. She even tried to talk me OUT of my no which is not in and of itself a bad thing, but she wasn't ok with my sticking to my guns. Mean old Momma anyway.

Anyway, Homework HO.

No comments:

Post a Comment