Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Rhys is silly

Oh my Elder Boy. He is so sweet and silly.

He insists that he is a BIG boy. This young man hasn't been talking for very long, only since March 2013 and he is already a "big" boy not a LITTLE boy. It is a card I am able to use against him at will. I thought you were a BIG boy. Or OH, You're a "little boy". He will correct me saying he's not a little boy.

One night when I was putting him to bed I was rubbing his head and he said, Please do not pet me like a cat! I stopped petting him and really enjoyed hearing him say that, but I do miss "petting him" on the head. :)

He is so smart and such an engineer that I have a hard time remembering he is ONLY 3 years old some days. He has been able to unlock every single door in our house since he was a nonverbal 1 year old. At about 22 months of age, he built a high something with a chair and a stool, he then let his sister Heather (who was 3 at the time) climb up his contraption and unlock the door. The "dynamic duo" indeed.

Rhys is a snuggly boy. He loves to sit on my lap and hug on me while he watches television. He likes to be "ho'd" (held) He is in love with his Auntie Daisy who loves him a lot. (this is true, but it is also according to Rhys)

This morning, we had an ant invasion and he was going around telling me all about he ants. Earlier in the day Aaneqa had seen a spider going under the ottoman. He said, Spiders Love Ants! I agreed with him. He picked up an ant walked over to the ottoman, threw the ant under there and proclaimed happily, THERE YOU GO! Oh, that made me laugh.

His favorite song is Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne. He used to ask for it by saying Eye Eye Eye. Now he asks for it to be the song I sing him before going to sleep. It's interesting to try to get all the sounds in from the beginning of the song when I sing it. Hee Hee. He also asks me to sing him songs about the curtains, the lights, the pictures on the walls and the map on his wall. It's a good thing I can make up songs. It doesn't have to be a "great song" it doesn't have to be something anyone would record, it's a song and it's about what my boy wants to hear about. :) These are things we frequently pray about as well.

He is also a terrible liar about just about anything. I can watch him do something and he will immediately point to one of his siblings and say they did it. He learned THAT from his big sisters. Ugh! :(

He is also super particular about certain things. If I try to clean the table he gets upset if I don't let him do it. He loves to sweep the floor. He will sometimes move items so that they are even with one another on a counter or in the fridge.

This little man has stolen my heart with all his sweet and quirky idiosyncrasies. I am so glad he is a part of my family.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet boy. And what a sweet mom to know who he is so well. You are both blessed to have each other.

    ReplyDelete